- General material handling such as belt conveyors moving boxes along, inside a factory.
- Bulk material handling such as belt conveyors used to transport industrial and agricultural materials, such as coal, grain, ores, and other minerals or materials with lumps.
The actual conveyor belt consists of multiple layers of material, conveyor belts can also be made out of rubber. Many belts in general material handling have two layers, the first layer is an under layer of material to provide linear strength and shape called a carcass and the second layer is an over layer called the cover.
Belt conveyors are probably the most common form of conveyors, Available as follows:
- light duty belt conveyors
- medium duty belt conveyors
- multiple band belt conveyors
- heavy duty belt conveyors
- bulk handling belt conveyors